Faber-Castell Loom Piano

The Faber-Castell Loom is a fountain pen that I was really looking forward to when I bought it. The Faber-Castell company is actually a company that is well known for its drawing tools. But we must not forget that they have brought quite good fountain pens to the market and still do. One of these fountain pens is the Faber-Castell Loom. I have been in possession of this pen since May 2020. I bought the pen at Triado, a shop in the center of Ghent that also specializes in fountain pens. I paid 38 Euro. The pen is not that cheap and for that reason probably not a real beginner fountain pen. But without a doubt, the pen is worth that price. The Faber-Castell Loom is a pen that you can quickly recognize. She is not that long (13 cm), has a pleasant weight (33 grams) and the diameter (1.2 cm) is larger rather than small. The cap clearly stands out. I would describe the look of the pen as modern and simple (less is more). The barrel is shiny chrome with the disadvantage that it is sensitive to fingerprints. So to keep them presentable, you have to constantly wipe away the fingerprints. The cap is significantly larger than the rest of the fountain pen. On the side of the cap you will find the Faber-Castell logo (debossed). The cap is equipped with a very handy clip. The pen uses standard international cartridges. Using a converter is an option. This pen is equipped with a fine nib. I have to admit that this pen writes fantastically. I haven't had any problem with false starts. While writing, I didn't find that the pen was scratchy. Reverse writing was not a problem. To clean the pen, it is useful that you can remove the nib.
The nib has the typical Faber-Castell dots and also has the logo. The nib is quite long which makes it look elegant. As a general conclusion, I can say that in its price range this pen is a winner. The only downside I caught here and there is that when one does not use the cap, the pen seems very simple (or perhaps boring to look at). I would definitely recommend this pen to anyone, even a novice user. The fountain pen is clearly worth its price. For me, this pen is clearly one of my favorites. In addition: I am also in possession of a special version of the Loom, the Loom Gun Metal. I will come back to this later.

Comments

Popular Posts