Flying Tiger FP

Last week, the last week of my holiday, I was shopping in Ghent. In the shop the Flying Tiger I saw that they sold fountain pens. The price was €2 each and the fountain pen was available in transparent color and also in transparent with a pink touch. I bought them both. I knew I shouldn't expect much from them, but I still wanted to give them a chance.

The fountain pens are in a simple cardboard box, which includes two ink cartridges. The pen has a steel extra fine nib. The pen is made entirely of plastic. The pen is similar in shape and appearance to a Lamy Vista, but a smaller version of it.

After I installed the cartridge, it took a while for the pen to write. Anyway, eventually I was able to write with it. The extra fine nib initially surprised me by the very fine lines I could draw with it. But my enthusiasm was quickly gone. The inkflow stopped and I had to push the nib to get ink out.

I can imagine that people would dare to buy this cheap pen as the first pen to try out. I wouldn't do this. One will soon be disappointed and chances are that one totally loses the interest in writing with a fountain pen.

It is better to spend a little more money for an alternative. I am thinking of a Lamy Vista or Platinum Preppy.




Comments

Popular Posts