Faber-Castell Hexo


Untill so far, the Faber-Castell Hexo is my first fountain pen with a broad nib and I like it a lot. Normally I go for the medium nibs, but I also want to try a broad one. With a broad nib the lines you draw are bigger and also more ink flow out of the nib to produce these lines. So you have to fine tune your handwriting a bit and you'll notice after a while you get used to it.


The Hexo has a hexagonal body. The pen has a wide body that feels actually quite good in the hand.

The cap posts good on the back of the pen. Although it adds some extra weight on the back it does not disturb my way of writing.

A very good point is that the lines of the hexagonal are always aligned. It always amazes me that some brands do not succeed in this.

The clip on the cap is strong enough to hold the pen and is very useful.

The round grip of the pen is not designed to be ergonomical. For me personal I like just the ordinary round grips. One drawback is that it becomes slippery when you have sweaty hands.

The pen uses the international standard cartridges or converter. It is such a pity that a converter is not included.

I like the black broad nib. You just have to practice a little bit to get used to it. People whose handwriting is large will benefit from a broad nib. On the other hand, people with smaller handwriting will have to adapt somewhat.

In general I would recommend this pen, but perhaps with a medium or fine nib.

Another important feature is the nib and feeder can be taken apart for cleaning purpose. You don't need to use a lot of power to do this, just a gentle pull on the nib and case done. I like pens you can take apart especially when you want to use it with different inks.

I paid € 34,50 for this pen. In my opinion the price/quality is rated amongst the best pens I have reviewed untill so far.

One thing I also have to mention is that the fountain pens I carry for daily use, are not always transported in the best fountain pen friendly way. It is because they are carried on the back of my bike. With many pens I had problems with ink cartridges coming loose with the result that ink ended up in the barrel but also ink drops out of the nib into the cap. But none of this with the Faber-Castell Hexo. The converter I used is from the Online brand. This combination of pen and Online converter seems to be the perfect marriage.

Also I praise the strong quality build of the plastic parts, because overall this is a plastic pen.

So in my humble opinion this Hexox is too often forgotten when people want to invest in a next-step fountain pen. I know that there is a lot of competition in this segment of the market, but this pen can safely be considered a top competitor. For all of you: try (and you will by) the Faber-Castell Hexo.




Comments

Popular Posts