Faber-Castell Loom matte Gun metal



How a community can have such an influence on my buying behavior, this pen can testify that. I already owned a Faber-Castell Loom piano with a fine nib which actually belongs to my favorite pens. When following the community I read that many love the looks of the matte gun metal. And that is the right reason why I bought this pen. And I have to admit this pen does indeed look good. The only disadvantage for me is that the pen was only available with an extra fine nib. 



The pen might look a little weird with the big cap, but flavors and color differ. The cap is in matte black and has a chroomy handy clip. The barrel and section of the pen have a sparkling finish. On the grip are 5 rings to improve the grip. The extra fine nib feels good and has the typical Faber-Castell dots. When writing on better quality paper, the nib performs well. I tried some sketching on lesser quality paper, but this was not really a success. Reverse writing is not possible. But why should we write in a reverse way when we have already thin lines from the EF nib.

The nib produces some nice line variations. When you leave your pen open for some time you can have some false starts. The nib feels not that scratchy for being an extra fine.



The pen feels well-balanced and the weight is ok for me, even when used in a posted way. The pen writes rather dry than wet.

For cleaning purposes you can remove the nib and feeder.

As a general conclusion I can tell you this is certainly one of my favorite pens for reason of looks, writing performance, quality build and price. At the Faber-Castell store this pen is only available anymore in shiny finish. I paid 49 Euros for this pen.



Comments

Popular Posts